With the holidays just around the corner, many of us look forward to celebrating various traditions. Opening stockings, decorating cookies, singing carols, decking out the tree -- the list goes on. The great thing about traditions is we get to celebrate them with our friends and family. Here at Acumatica, our friends and family are made up of our amazing partners, customers, and industry experts. It’s a fantastic bunch, and I’m deeply privileged and honored to work with each of them.
As we close out 2015 and look to the future of cloud ERP systems in 2016 and beyond, one of our traditions here at Acumatica is looking back and looking ahead. What happened in the ERP world this past year, and what do we see coming? We sat down with four of our top analysts and thought leaders, picking their brains on all things cloud. From these conversations we created a video series, “Deck the Cloud”. Over the next few weeks, we’ll be highlighting a few of the questions we discussed.
Speaking of experts - let me introduce them to you! In no particular order, they are as follows:
- Esteban Kolsky, Founder and Principal of thinkJar, a thinktank focusing on how organizations can better use technology. Kolsky has almost 30 years of experience as a provider, consultant and analyst working with enterprise technology.
- Frank Scavo, President of Strativa, an IT and management consulting firm, and President of Computer Economics, an IT research firm. Scavo is a 15 year veteran in the ERP and CRM space, working to help organizations with their IT strategy, business process improvement, and change management.
- Jon Reed, Co-Founder of Diginomica, a disruptive tech media blog focusing on enterprise issues and concerns. Reed is a blogger, journalist and analyst, working to help customers and partners make technology decisions and implementations better via content.
- Cindy Jutras, President of Mint Jutras, an independent research-based consulting firm that specializes in analyzing the business impact of enterprise applications. A seasoned software and business professional, Jutras has over 40 years of experience in applying software solutions to business problems.
One of the key questions I asked each analyst was: What ERP buying trends do you see in the marketplace? Their answers are below.
Virtually every single enterprise application and technology purchased today is going to be on a cloud basis. Cloud is a commodity that is baked into every single decision.” - Esteban Kolsky, thinkJar
The first-time ERP buyers are growing and are ready to come off their small business accounting systems and get onto a real, full-blown ERP system.” - Frank Scavo, Strativa and Computer Economics
In general, today’s buyer is a much more informed buyer. They have a much better BS detector.” - Jon Reed, Diginomica
This year, what was a lot different was the attitude towards deployment options. There is a clear trend toward people wanting to move toward the cloud.” - Cindy Jutras, Mint Jutras
What ERP buying trends do you see in the marketplace today? Let us know in the comments, or join the conversation with us on Twitter via #DecktheCloud. Stay tuned for our next installment of Deck the Cloud!
Subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletterSubscribe
Get Acumatica Blog email updates as newsletters delivered bi-weekly to your inbox. Convenient!
Our promise to you:
1. We will never give your e-mail address to anyone else for any reason.
2. You can opt-out at any time.
Signing up for newsletters indicates you agree with our terms of service
If you decide that you no longer want to receive a newsletter, you can unsubscribe by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link, located at the bottom of each newsletter.