The ERP Solutions Consultant is a product expert primarily responsible for providing solution assistance and resolution to client issues.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with individuals/partners to ensure high quality and timely resolution of customer requests.
- Solve problems that may be unstructured and that may require reliance on conceptual thinking.
- Offer solutions to issues that are often non-standard/non-routine and require some clarification.
- Contribute ideas to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Effectively transfer misdirected customer requests to an appropriate party.
- Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Effectively monitor KPI’s and adhere to and be accountable to company SLA policies.
- Occasionally use decision-support tools to answer questions.
- Collaborate with internal teams on complex problems.
- Minimize escalations to Level2 support operations.
What you need to succeed
- Service Minded. You deliver customer service like you expect to receive it; with excellence.
- Results-oriented. You love the doing and the process but you are all about results. You have excellent analytical and problem solving abilities, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute activities in a high-pressure just in time environment. You adhere to and analyze standards and procedures for workflow and change management.
- Communicator. You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills with domestic and international customers, both external and internal
- Great with Customers. You have an ability to establish great rapport with people, and you have a track record working with customers. You work successfully alongside external and internal customers who are technical and non-technical when executing your daily responsibilities and contributing to cross-functional projects of broad scope.
- A Recruiter. Acumatica hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business Technology, Accounting or a related field of study.
- Understanding of common industry standard business practices as related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Sales Force Management (Opportunity, Proposal, Sales Orders, Forecasting, territory management and Quotas), Inventory Management, Purchasing and Fulfillment)
- Additional Knowledge and technical skills that will help achieve success:
- Proven professional with advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, and accounting systems, with solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities. Experience with Accounting, ERP, or other business management software
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts
- Customer Facing Support or Services Experience
We won’t share details without your permission
Acumatica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.