The Implementation Consultant is the resource responsible for planning and managing all aspects of implementations related to Acumatica Cloud ERP. The individual will primarily work in conjunction with the partners whom sell and implement Acumatica for their customers. The individual will act as the key advisor, product advocate, and a resource in implementation projects by partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist partners with up-front implementation discovery diligence, Project analysis, Scope of work creation, Proposal building, and complex Fit-Gap Analysis
- Support partners by answering challenging application questions, tracking issues that arise during the implementation process and resolving or escalating problems according to company guidelines that may arise
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
- Following established implementation standards
- Assisting with the development and implementation of new or improved service delivery strategies and initiatives.
- Developing and/or maintain all project documentation and client reporting.
- Participating in service level meetings when appropriate
- Provide user training on new solution and user documentation
- Support solutions by answering application questions, tracking issues, monitoring changes and resolving or escalating problems according to company guidelines
- Install application software and associated updates as needed
- Developing personal skills to efficiently and effectively work individually and as a member of the Consulting team
- Assist partners in strategically responding to functional elements of requirements
- Participate in company sponsored job related activities and training
- Crafting, planning, and conducting product and technology presentations for partners and during field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Providing user training on specific solutions to aid business partners in preparing for solution presentations
- Provide feedback and suggested solutions regarding business partner needs, deficiencies, challenges and attitudes.
- Assist and mentor new team members as assigned
What you need to succeed
- Education. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, Accounting or a related field of study.
- Accounting background and experience including the ability to intelligently discuss accounting-related issues / financial reports; understand and develop financial reports, Draw T-accounts for analytical uses, know basic accounting concepts – ledgers, sub-ledgers, debits and credits.
- Technical Skills. Installation and configuration experience with various Business Application Software (Mid-Market ERP). Software presentation and demonstration experience. ERP System Financial and Ad-hoc report writing. Certifications in MCAD, MCSD, MCPD or similar a plus. Microsoft Office applications and presentation tools. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server; SQL Server relational database concepts including database schemas and the ability to understand a relational database design.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate implementation obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Language and Communication Skills. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to requests.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business and technical information
- Write reports, business correspondence, professional emails and procedure manuals
- Experience. 3 years ERP software implementation and/or pre/post sales consulting experience. Business consulting, project management, project definition, estimating, proposal writing, and planning skills for engagements
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in business software sales and knowledge of technology. The Individual must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
We won’t share details without your permission
Acumatica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.