The .Net / ASP Developer Solutions Consultant is responsible for working with our partners and consulting staff on projects requiring custom developed software and enhancements to existing systems. This role requires knowledge of the Microsoft technologies, software design concepts, software development, relational database architecture, documentation preparation and the ability to clearly convey and verify an understanding of requirements set forth for the given task. Working knowledge with ERP applications and general business or financial accounting solutions is required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicate effectively with individuals/partners to ensure high quality and timely assistance to technical related issues.
- Manage multiple assignments and projects simultaneously.
- Effectively transfer misdirected customer requests to an appropriate party.
- Understand technical design requirements and build plans to achieve the stated objectives.
- Make well thought out decisions in situations that require creative thinking and solutions to technical challenges.
- Participates in individual/team projects to enhance customer experience.
- Demonstrates effective communication with customers and/or team members.
- Consistently shares best practices with consulting team and educates other staff members on development trends, technical issues and current projects.
- Be self-directed, organized, motivated and extremely attentive to details.
- Maintain and upgrade existing custom projects as well as develop new projects to customer specifications.
- Solve problems that may be unstructured and that may require reliance on conceptual thinking.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ years of development experience with large business systems (ideally Accounting, ERP, and business management software)
- Working knowledge with ASP.Net, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, HTML
- Must be able to manage Projects from start to finish
- Source Code control procedures and self-documenting code standards and practices
- Effective testing and debugging practices
- Ability to intelligently discuss accounting-related issues / financial reports and know basic accounting concepts – ledgers, sub-ledgers, debits and credits
- Communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Capable of working independently and demonstrate good decision-making abilities
- Proficient grammar and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have the desire and ability to learn new applications and tools
Valued Qualifications (not required but a plus)
- Knowledge of ERP software applications (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, Intacct, Epicor, Netsuite)
We won’t share details without your permission
Acumatica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.