The sales engineer position is ideal for a candidate looking to use software and accounting expertise solve real world problems. Strong business acumen is required to present Acumatica software to potential resellers and customers. Strong intellect is required to design solutions using web-based and mobile software.
This position does not require aggressive selling. Acumatica sales are accomplished by partnering and building trust with resellers and customers.
The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The individual must be able to identify technical issues to assure complete satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
The ideal candidate will have accounting or software skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Initially, the sales engineer will undergo a valuable and intensive training program, led by experience Acumatica personnel. As training takes place, the candidate will assume more and more responsibilities from the list below. This position reports to the Director of Sales Engineering.
- Work with Acumatica Partners to respond to sales requests
- Assist Partners with discovery diligence, project analysis, scope of work creation, proposal building, and gap analysis.
- Answer questions about ERP product capabilities
- Assist partners in strategically responding to RFIs and RFPs
- Work with Acumatica Partners to deliver product demonstrations
- Install application software to maintain a live demonstration environment
- Tailor basic demo scripts to meet prospect needs
- Articulate product benefits while showing product features
- Serve as technical backup on calls led by experienced Acumatica partners
- Create materials designed to support 1:many communications with partners and customers
- Create short videos highlighting Acumatica features
- Create knowledge base and blog articles describing Acumatica benefits
- Provide technical help to Acumatica sales teams
- Perform demonstrations for potential partners
- Work with sales to determine Acumatica fit for specific customer scenarios
- Document issues and work with sales to resolve them
What you need to succeed
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting, business technology, information technology, or a related field of study; or; Master’s degree in business.
- Language and communication skills: Strong presentation skills and business acumen required
- Technical skills: Experience with using business software packages.
- Other skills: Accounting background or knowledge of accounting concepts
Valued (not required) Qualifications
- Career: Experience as part of a business consulting or presales technical organization.
- Industry knowledge: Familiarity with ERP software applications such as Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, Epicor, NetSuite.
- Technical skills
We won’t share details without your permission
Acumatica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.