You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel, partners, and key customers.
You will be responsible for all “Product Planning” activities including building product position documents, product roadmaps, market requirements definition, use case scenarios, product release management, building user personas, and working with marketing communication on program strategy and sales readiness activities. The Individual will work closely with R&D, Marketing, Services, Support and Senior Management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to partners, customers, and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product planning, and positioning.
- Market Analysis including research, technology assessment, competitive analysis, market problems identification.
- Quantitative Analysis activities such as market sizing, product performance analysis, win/loss studies, and operational metrics analysis.
- Writing and presenting product positioning documents.
- Creating, maintaining, and presenting internal and external product roadmaps that are ROI and market driven.
- Customer and Partner visits and interviews for requirements gathering, market knowledge, etc.
- Documenting and presenting market requirements.
- Create business cases for new products and ensure senior management is presented the information necessary to make informed decisions.
- Creation and maintaining user persona documents.
- Review functional design documents and work with the development team with its associated project development plan/schedule.
- Identify beta customers and manage the beta and managed availability release processes.
- Review output of Quality Assurance group to ensure that the needs of customers, prospects, partners and markets are in fact built and delivered to a high level of satisfaction.
- Leverage software automation to increase productivity within group, standardize repeatable and deliver on time and top quality.
- Establish and manage the Company’s product release cycle including product updates via web site, product documentation, release notes, announcements, and product launch plan activities.
- Contribute to knowledge bases, community forums, newsletters, wiki’s and blogs.
- Conduct webinars for prospects, end users and partners to increase awareness of product functions and features.
- Provide product education and present at company events and conferences
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Business Technology, Accounting or a related field of study. Masters degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Industry experience with Accounting, ERP, and business management software.
- Ability to Intelligently discuss accounting-related issues / financial reports and know basic accounting concepts – ledgers, sub-ledgers, debits and credits.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
- Capable of working independently and demonstrate good decision-making abilities.
- Must be able to collaborate and motivate inside a multi-disciplinary team to attain successful delivery of product line enhancements and new product development.
- Proficient in using MS Project, MS-Office, and Visio.
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Proficient grammar and verbal/written communication skills.
- Must have the desire and ability to learn new applications and tools.
We won’t share details without your permission
Acumatica is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.