Optimize operations with distribution ERP software from Acumatica
For any distributor, it’s all about having the right item available for sale in the right quantity, at the right time, in the right place, at the right price. Failure to do so leads to lost business, lost customers, and increased costs. Overstocks add cost with no added value, and stock-outs damages customer loyalty and satisfaction.
Distribution management software from Acumatica provides visibility to help you achieve high availability and efficient operations.
Modern distribution business software provides accurate, company-wide inventory data that lets you create proactive, responsive replenishment operations and minimize inventory costs. To stay competitive, distributors need to know:
- The true availability and cost of the inventory from requisition through shipping
- On-hand balance in each warehouse and location – in real time
- Data and analytics on product movement, sales trends, current inventories, and markets
- Accurate replenishment and distribution management planning
- Detailed information on lot/serial numbers, shelf life, and expiration
Without full visibility of inventory status and movement, distributors are unable to measure and improve supply-side performance.Show Next
A truly automated and integrated distribution management software system delivers visibility and control of the entire supply-side cycle of requisition management, purchase order management, inventory tracking, warehouse management, and packing and shipping, removing the need to reenter and reorganize data between systems and reducing the risk of errors.
Disparate systems tied together through outside links, manual databases, and spreadsheets cannot deliver the coordinated visibility and control that you need to effectively manage distribution.Show Next
A 2015 Aberdeen report, “What Has Changed in Wholesale Distribution: 2015 & Beyond,” revealed that distribution market leaders invested twice as many resources in technology than their less-successful competitors. The report emphasized the need to change processes and invest in technology*:
- “Leaders are saying goodbye to manual processes by investing in automation at twice the rate of followers.”
- “These leaders are using automation to provide integrated workflows and collaboration to all parties in the demand-to-fulfill network, across each inventory and fulfill/deliver stream.”
For decades, distributors have been using distribution management software to manage their inventory and improve the purchasing process. But the study found that simple transactional execution systems cannot deliver what distributors need to move ahead of the competition. Today’s distribution environment demands modern, connected technology to support collaboration and efficiency.
Distributors that are easy to do business with can build strong supplier relationships. When collaboration is built into the process, suppliers become trusted trading partners. Distributors who embrace collaboration and integration gain significant cost and service advantages.* From the Aberdeen Group’s February 2015 report “What has Changed in Wholesale Distribution : 2015 and Beyond” by Bob Heaney, Research Director, Supply Chain, Wholesale and Retail Practices.