You’ve successfully completed your ERP implementation and are enjoying the benefits of ERP functionality, usability, and flexibility. But it’s not time to sit back and relax. Instead, you’ll want to take advantage of the additional benefits the launch of our latest release will bring to your organization. Attending our Acumatica 2017 R2 Launch Day Event will provide you with insights into the numerous enhancements and help you keep your business moving forward.
Ten, nine, eight, seven, six…can you hear the rest of the countdown and the roar of the rocket’s engines? Depending on how old you are, you may remember a few exciting rocket launches at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida and the intense excitement and anticipation as you waited for the rocket to catapult into space. That’s how we feel about the release of Acumatica 2017 R2: it’s going to be big!
If you want front-row seats to our latest release, you’ll want to register for our Acumatica 2017 R2 Launch Day Event coming September 13, 2017 in Boston, Massachusetts. This amazing half-day event will provide our Customers, Partners, and industry analysts an in-depth look at Acumatica 2017 R2.
What to expect from Acumatica 2017 R2
Change for some people is good; it’s not so good for those who prefer keeping the status quo. However, the changes we’ve made are aimed at boosting the growth and productivity of our customers’ businesses. Learning about the specific improvements will aid you in feeling comfortable with the changes as well as allow you to take advantage of them as soon as possible.
To explain the exciting new features we’ve developed them around the pillars of “Insights”, “Productivity”, and “Technology”. These together represent the cloud ERP mentality: providing a complete picture of your business with the mobility to stay on top of everything from wherever you are, whenever you need while utilizing the latest in technology to increase your customer satisfaction and bottom line.
So, what are these improvements? Let’s break them down by each pillar.
In Acumatica ERP 2017 R2, we introduce our new user interface. Based on your company’s specific business processes, users can flexibly configure navigation. Personalized navigation helps users easily access forms they use frequently.
In the new user interface, suites and modules are replaced with workspaces. A workspace includes forms and reports combined by the functional area using:
- The navigation pane with workspaces
- Links to forms
- Tiles (links with additional parameters to forms)
The assigned Administrator can configure navigation in the new user interface; he or she can pin and unpin workspaces on the navigation pane, add and remove links to forms and reports in a workspace, and manage tiles in a workspace.
Every user of the system can personalize the user interface through adding forms to Favorites and configuring Quick Menu items.
Along with the new UI, users can look forward to role specific Dashboards, Reporting (Generic Inquiries) improvements, Real-Time Data Exchange with external applications, and Visual Resource Scheduling Integration with Smartsheet.
We have updated our Customer Management, Finance and Accounting, Distribution, Project Accounting and Field Service suites. As the list of enhancements is detailed, we’ll provide a modified look at these updates by suite:
- Marketing lists and campaigns have been improved for user efficiency regarding marketing tracking and analyzing. This includes List Building improvements where campaign members can be created from any generic inquiry forms that work with contact records.
- Marketing “statuses” (Selected, Processed, or Responded) have been changed to “stages” (prospect through deploy).
- For Lead Tracking, if a lead opportunity has been created as a result of marketing activities related to a campaign, a user can associate this lead or opportunity with the campaign. Users can now create activities associated with campaigns or with campaign members.
- To improve the tracking of expenses and revenue related to a marketing campaign, Acumatica ERP now gives users the ability to associate various documents with campaigns.
- Both dynamic and static marketing lists have been improved.
- And if Salesforce CRM is used in the company as the primary CRM system, Acumatica ERP now supports bi-directional real-time synchronization of data between Acumatica ERP and Salesforce CRM.
Finance & Accounting: Significant enhancements are being released in the following areas:
- Customer Statement Processing.
- Multiple branches that represent legal entities, and use the same tenant in Acumatica ERP, can configure their own tax periods and close the periods independently of one another.
- Approval of Outgoing Cash Transactions in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable — now support the process of purchasing goods or services from one vendor and paying for those goods or services to a different vendor.
- The new Authorize.Net API plug-in provides PCI DSS–compliant integration with Authorize.Net, and sensitive credit card information is not stored in the Acumatica ERP database.
Distribution: Because our Distribution Suite has been improved on multiple levels, here is a quick look at the areas in which you can expect changes:
- Item Class Hierarchy
- Specifying Default Item Classes
- Configuring Availability Calculation Rules
- Configuring Warehouse-Specific Prices
- Uploading Prices by Alternate IDs
- Specifying a Price Adjustment Multiplier
- Specifying Cross-Reference Units of Measure
- Calculating Discounts in Different Units of Measure
Project Accounting: As with our Distribution Suite, our Project Accounting Suite has more than several changes. These include the following:
- Simplified budget structure and reporting
- Proforma invoices
- Project-Specific Invoice Format
- Support progress billing on fixed amount and time & material contracts enhanced project rates
- Tracking project comments through purchasing, sales, or external systems
Field Service: Acumatica ERP 2017 R2 provides enhancements in the Equipment Management module that:
- Help users track components and warranties, including how warranties are calculated for equipment entities and components and on serviced order if a service was provided for a particular component of a piece of target equipment.
- Specifying a default Salesperson for Service Orders of a Particular subset of Services.
- Ability to Control Invoice Generation from Service Orders by Billing Cycle.
- Ability to Clone an Appointment Multiple Times.
- Add a map of the Customer Location on Forms.
At our Acumatica 2017 R2 Launch Day Event, we’ll dig into the technological updates to our cloud ERP. For now, you can anticipate learning about the following improvements: near real-time GPS location framework in mobile, API improvements (REST and Swagger API) along with improved performance control, external applications can track the data changes by processing push notifications sent by Acumatica ERP, And Localization of Acumatica Self-Service Portal in multiple languages.
Are you counting down to the launch of Acumatica 2017 R2?
We hope you’re as excited about our latest release as we are. If you are, we encourage you to register for Acumatica 2017 R2 Launch Day Event or for our Acumatica 2017 R2 Roadshow (scroll to the bottom of the page for the roadshow info); as the name indicates, we are taking our launch on the road to a city near you. And don’t forget Acumatica Summit 2018 coming January 28 through February 2, 2018 in exciting Nashville, Tennessee! Like our launch events, the Summit is a learning experience that we feel our Customers and Partners shouldn’t miss.
Gaining insights into how to increase productivity through technological advancements will benefit your business significantly. Let us collaborate with you as you employ Acumatica’s cloud ERP platform and expect to receive a hands-on approach geared to continually improving your experience.