Choosing the Best Modern ERP Platform
A Modern Business Platform
Typically, when businesses are selecting software to implement, aside from cost, they focus on the functionality of the software they are evaluating. And while the functional fit of software to current business processes is important, the ability to adapt to future business processes is much more vital in a competitive industry. Much of that future adaptability depends on the underlying platform on which the business management software is built.
For example, with the rise of cloud, the widespread use of eCommerce and mobile apps have forced ERP and CRM applications to add those capabilities. Unfortunately, because of their design, legacy platforms are not able to easily adapt. Their solution to accommodating change becomes cumbersome add-ons, sometimes with standalone databases. Some respond by taking old, legacy applications and adding additional software to make their last generation software appear to be cloud applications. In other instances, hard code interfaces are created that break instantly when one of the two systems are upgraded. None of these are efficient, long-term solutions. A true cloud and mobile system is designed differently than a legacy client/server system.Show Next
The architecture of today’s modern business system combines the three important areas for an ERP evaluation: User Experience, Application Functionality and ERP Technology.
- Available anywhere, anytime on any device with a browser
- Able to view and interact with every web page of the application on any device with a minimum of resizing, panning or scrolling (adaptive design)
- Customizable, so every user can set their preferences in the user interface
- Tailorable with personalized dashboards and self-service BI business intelligence standard
- Role-based permissions allow access to whole applications, or specific fields only, depending on the role of user
- Increased productivity by finding information faster with improved keyword search, data entry with suggestions and auto-complete, drag-and-drop functionality and real-time connectivity with Excel
- One database with real-time integrated processes to ensure data accuracy (such as merging ERP and CRM in a single system)
- Embedded user-defined workflow processes such as “approvals” to be automatically routed
- Enhanced via optional industry-specific product extensions
- Integrated with other software solutions through Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that do not change with every release
- Global in capabilities: multi-company, multi-language and multi-currency
- Auditable with an electronic record of transaction activity
- True cloud, with NO Software installed on your device
- Built for the cloud, but can also run on your local servers
- Add users, including customers or partners, without having to buy additional user licenses or install software on their device
- Built with common Microsoft tools for ease of future development
Acumatica’s business platform is the world’s best cloud and mobile technology that delivers a suite of fully integrated business management applications such as Financials, Distribution, CRM, Manufacturing, Service Management, Project Accounting and Business Intelligence.
To dig deeper, view this 17-minute video that provides a comprehensive overview of Acumatica Cloud ERP including the applications, user interface, workflow, reporting and the modern web platform on which Acumatica is built.