eSelling is today’s reality
There’s no doubt that online sales (eSelling, eTail, or eCommerce) is a rapidly growing part of the retail industry and a prime source of competition for traditional brick-and-mortar retailers. Companies in every segment of retail and wholesale selling are compelled to add a direct eTail channel and continue to enhance and extend the eCommerce aspect of their business.
Tile and stone importer switches to Acumatica, improves customer service efficiencyRead Success Story
For a company that is used to selling through stores and distributors, taking orders direct from customers presents some unique challenges. To begin, the nature of demand is quite different. Direct online customers tend to order small quantities or individual items rather than case or pallets. The picking and packing operation is different, and often difficult to carry out effectively mixed in with the large shipments supported by existing warehouse operations. Integrated fulfillment, inventory management and warehouse management systems bridge the gap to provide intelligent put-away (goods placement), picking, and allocation of resources for performance and efficiency.
Many multi-channel (or omni-channel) retailers sell products on the web that are not stocked in their warehouse but “direct shipped” from suppliers or distributors (transparently to the customers). Supply chain management tools connect the eTailer’s order management and fulfillment system to the suppliers’ systems to manage and account for this flexible operating structure.
Some of the complications that are addressed by today’s systems include:
- Inventory and Price Management – knowing what products are available, where and when; identifying fast/slow moving inventory, and adjusting pricing and offers dynamically.
- Fulfilment – This has an impact on consumer confidence and loyalty. It is essential to get the product to the consumer as quickly as possible.
- RMA and Returns – This is a major challenge for most etailers, especially the management of this from a financial side, as the returns can be damaged, returned to stock, no return-credit, etc.
Acumatica has partnered with Kensium Solution to deliver a fully integrated ERP, CRM and eCommerce solution. The Kensium eCommerce Adaptor incorporates all of the flexibility and functionality of Magento® eCommerce software, a flexible award-winning open source Ecommerce platform. The result are user-friendly websites that creates an excellent customer experience while seamlessly passing information quickly and securely between Acumatica and the website.
Magento gives your business an enterprise level solution without the enterprise level price tag. It is also the most popular platform on the market with the largest customer base, and a marketplace that offers extensions for many applications.
Combined with the Acumatica ERP software, this partnership delivers the benefits of cloud computing and software as a service (SaaS) without sacrificing system customization, control, security, or performance (speed).Show Next
- Leverage existing customer, product, inventory, sales and shipping data from your ERP system to reduce redundant manual entry and increase throughput while reducing errors.
- Streamline inventory synchronization, track updates, provide an accurate picture of inventory available to shoppers, and process transactions without having to hire staff to manage these tasks.
- Automatically notify customers when orders have been shipped and allow them to track the delivery of products from a single portal.
- Simplify price and product changes to inventory e.g., quantity or promotional discounts.
- Manage multiple online and offline sales channels to maximize revenue and profit.
- Simplify overall operation (even as you grow).
- Meet tax requirements with automated tax compliance.