The Acumatica ISV Software Certification Guidelines describe the technical requirements that an ISV solution must meet to integrate with and operate within the Acumatica ERP application. The purpose of this testing is to give the market the assurance that an ISV solution built for Acumatica ERP meets the technical requirements that adhere to a high standard. The published test guidelines will walk through the test process and help to make sure that an ISV’s solution meets our certification requirements.
Overview of the Certification Guidelines
The certification test guidelines are designed to increase the quality of solutions that run within the Acumatica ERP environment and address the following goals:
- Assure that the ISV solution meets basic security standards and is secure to use within the Acumatica ERP application
- Verify that the ISV solution does not affect the overall performance of Acumatica ERP
- Provide data consistency within the Acumatica ERP environment
- Guarantee compatibility of the ISV solution with Acumatica ERP
- Verify that the ISV solution has been developed by certified Acumatica developers and contains all necessary product documentation
Summary of the Updated Guidelines for Acumatica 2019 R1
With the recent release of Acumatica 2019 R1, we have updated our Certification Guidelines. Here is a brief outline of the changes made in the 2019 R1 edition of the guidelines in comparison to last year’s edition:
- A new section called Testing Process was added to describe in detail how the testing process works, from initial steps through the communication of test results.
- A new restriction was introduced in Requirement 1.1 to prohibit any separate C# code files or any kind of customization project items added to a deployment package* that are capable of running any code. An example would be DAC and code items in a customization project running outside of the compiled extension libraries.
- In Requirement 1.2, clarifications were made to the following rules determining how the names of new objects in an ISV solution must use the assigned initials:
- Custom fields defined for DACs from Acumatica ERP or Acumatica xRP assemblies (including the ones defined in a DAC extension that is mapped to an extension table) must start with a Usr prefix, followed by the assigned solution initials. (A Usr prefix is option for fields that are not bound to the database and is unnecessary for the fields defined in a DAC extension that is mapped to an extension table.
- DAC extensions must start with the assigned initials.
- In Requirement 1.3, a new restriction was added to prohibit the use of underscores in any part of the Solution Version Number of the version labeling.
- For Requirement 1.11, a new rule was introduced for generic inquiries exposed via the OData protocol to ensure that generic inquiries do not contain warnings about potential performance issues.
- In Requirement 4.5, clarifications were made to the Summary and Intent and How to Comply sections in the description of the requirement. Starting on September 1, 2019, Recommendation 4.7 will be become a requirement.
For more information, download the ISV Software Certification Guidelines PDF now or check the Acumatica ISV Solution Certification page on the Acumatica Portal.
*A redistributable Acumatica customization package