In this VLOG, I walk you through getting a Test SDK project from having no project to the point of adding the Class Generator files. I had a few areas that I found challenging when I began working with the Test SDK. I remember thinking at the time that there was a video tutorial to help point me in the right direction. So, I decided later to step up and help the next person who may need a little direction like me in the beginning.
In my video below, I touch on a few areas that I felt would provide additional context over what is currently available in the SDK readme file that would be helpful to the developer starting out by:
- Walking you through downloading the Test SDK and providing you an easier to remember address using builds.acumatica.com;
- Providing detail on finding the NuGet files and how to wire them correctly into Visual Studio;
- Walking you through the process of installing the downloaded NuGet packages;
- Pointing out errors or issues that you may see when trying to install the GeneratedWrappers.Acumatica and how simply renaming the file with a version number resolves these issues;
- Walking you through setting up the ClassGenerator.exe.config and what to expect when running this process; and
- Finally, I point out and show you how the older SDK Readme file seems to have more detail than the most recent guide that is shipping today.
To watch the video, click on the play button below.
I hope this post and video prove to be helpful to you. Happy Coding!