To compete in our fast-paced world, businesses must keep up with continuous technological innovations. This means adopting modern solutions that help them address unique business challenges that can catapult them ahead of their competitors in terms of efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
At Acumatica, we continuously evolve our full-featured cloud ERP solution so that small-to-midsized businesses (SMBs) can meet today’s challenges and seize tomorrow’s opportunities. This approach of ongoing innovation rooted in addressing real-world needs has made Acumatica a leader in the ERP space. In its SMB ERP Value Matrix 2023 Report, Nucleus Research declared Acumatica the top Leader in Usability and Functionality while verified users’ in Info-Tech’s May 2023 Data Quadrant Report placed Acumatica in the Leader quadrant as well as in the top 5 of every category.
Being a Leader conveys a special responsibility we take seriously, which is why we’re committed to providing two major updates every year. And every update—including our latest, Acumatica 2023 R2—is based on real-user feedback and requests.
As Chief Product Officer Ali Jani said in the Acumatica 2023 R2 press release, “With customer feedback, we can ensure our solution provides organizations with the intelligence and agility to meet their unique challenges. Our diverse community of partners, customers and creators is driven to discover better ways to work, allowing us to redefine business management software. This collaborative effort enables us to continue delivering cutting-edge solutions that address current needs and anticipate and adapt to the ever-changing business landscape.”
Acumatica 2023 R2: Cutting-Edge Enhancements for the Acumatica Community
With Acumatica, businesses have a comprehensive business management system that connects every department in an organization. Data from across the organization streams into and out of the centralized database, offering team members complete visibility—based on role-based permissions—into the health of the organization while also allowing employees to collaborate and communicate easily with each other and external stakeholders. They can also utilize seamlessly integrated third-party applications, enjoy streamlined workflows, and, because Acumatica is cloud based, work from wherever they are—whether in office, at home, or on the road—without interruption.
Acumatica 2023 R2 builds on our cloud ERP software’s award-winning foundation by delivering hundreds of improvements that encourage users to reimagine their business with intelligent technology, drive growth with best-in-class applications, and win in their markets with tailored industry capabilities. Update examples include:
- The new Manage Sales Allocations screen, which provides increased visibility, flexibility, and control over the sales order process as well as delivers automated allocation processes and the ability to manually override suggestions.
- Expanded and simplified Acumatica’s Amazon integration with the world’s largest sales channel—Amazon’s Seller Central marketplace, which supports FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) and MFN (Merchant-Fulfilled Network) delivery models—by adding support for merchants who sell in Canada and providing an application on Amazon Seller Central that helps customers easily connect Acumatica and Amazon.
- Seamless integration of online sales with Acumatica’s back-end fulfillment processes, including support for Shopify’s new B2B eCommserce platform.
- New web endpoints for Acumatica’s Product Configurator, enabling manufacturers to leverage best-in-class third party build-to-order solutions.
- Improved project visibility for construction companies by supporting review of outstanding AP aging documents and their unreleased retainage for a particular date and enabling users to apply a single customer payment to multiple retainage invoices.
In addition to these and many other improvements, we’re excited to announce that Acumatica Payments is now available to all US and Canadian customers.
Acumatica 2023 R2: Featuring Acumatica Payments
Acumatica Payments is an integrated payment processing solution, developed and supported by Acumatica for our community of partners and customers. Acumatica Payments is included in the Always Current Program, so customers get the latest features and fixes, predictable maintenance times, streamlined support, lower upgrade costs, and more.
So, what does Acumatica Payments do for SMBs? It links Acumatica ERP to the banking network, allowing customers to reduce the cost of collections and easily manage receivables. In addition to integrated credit card and ACH collections, Acumatica Payments allows users to:
- Offer Gift Cards to improve loyalty programs and gain repeat customers.
- Provide customer self-service with Click to Pay integrated portal.
- Easily collect payments using the Acumatica app on mobile phones.
- Reduce costs through integrated commerce by eliminating duplicate payment entries.
- Securely manage card details for recurring payments.
- Automate end-of-day deposits, fees, and reconciliation processes.
- Save on merchant fees with integrated card readers.
- Accept cards issued by banks in other currencies.
Acumatica 2023 R2: Taking the Acumatica Community to the Next Level
As with our past and future releases, Acumatica 2023 R2 is designed to take Acumatica customers and their businesses to the next level—customers like American Asphalt Repair & Resurfacing Company, Inc (American Asphalt).
American Asphalt is headquartered in Hayward, California and pours concrete and asphalt for residential communities, commercial properties, shopping centers, and Public Works. The construction firm employes 250 people, generates almost $100 million in annual revenue, and completes approximately 1,400 jobs—most taking 10 days or less to complete—per year.
Though American Asphalt uses state-of-the-art equipment and the latest in asphalt pavement, its two operating units (which cover Northern and Southern California) were relying on paper-based project folders as well as a legacy construction ERP package.
Says Shel Waggener, President, “It was a client-server package built on FoxPro that wasn’t able to easily integrate to any other solution. We couldn’t easily get anything out of it, and the reporting wasn’t flexible. As we grew, it became more and more challenging to live in one software package.”
Seeking a cloud-based, centralized financial system that could connect with Salesforce’s CRM and resource planning software Assignar; was user friendly; could handle blueprints, photos, video, and other unstructured construction-specific data; and could easily add new lines of business and accommodate future acquisitions, Waggener and his team found it with Acumatica.
“Acumatica had the best roadmap, the best understanding of the construction industry, and the best user experience on the web,” Waggener explains. “I felt confident [Acumatica’s] development team [was] headed in the right direction with the overall product.”
With the help of Acumatica partner Alliance Solutions Group (ASG), American Asphalt implemented Acumatica Construction Edition and now enjoys instant access to critical information while in the field, seamless integration with vital third-party applications, flexible and customizable reporting, and the elimination of their manual, paper-based processes.
Says Waggener, “Any company looking to grow into the future needs an IT strategy that advances its business. If you need to integrate data and you want to move faster with your business, then Acumatica is the perfect solution.”
And with Acumatica Payments provided in Acumatica 2023 R2, Waggener and every Acumatica customer in the US and Canada can offer their customers secure, easy payment options as well. A win-win for everyone.
In providing these new innovations, features and functions, we believe that Acumatica 2023 R2 will help businesses, like American Asphalt, compete and win in this fast-paced economy.
To learn more about our cloud ERP software, Acumatica Payments, and Acumatica 2023 R2, contact us today. And if you missed our 3-part series that delves into the themes of our new release, you can read them here.