Implementing Acumatica’s cloud ERP solution can be done in eight steps with help available every step of the way.
Buying and adopting a cloud ERP solution isn’t a simple process. It’s a major undertaking (and a huge investment) that requires time, effort, and attention. You must first obtain company buy-in, which is a process in-and-of itself. Then you must decide which ERP system is right for your business (after much research and evaluation). Once you’ve made your decision, you finally get to start the implementation.
Thankfully, when your company chooses Acumatica, you’ve chosen a solution you can trust – and along with your implementation partner, you can easily make the cloud ERP implementation a successful one.
8 Steps to implementing Acumatica cloud ERP successfully
The picture some statistics paint about ERP implementations is somewhat grim. For example, according to a Facts & Stats on ERP Systems infographic by TEC, an impartial advisory firm, 50% of ERP implementations fail the first-time round. The good news doesn’t stop there. TEC says that ERP implementations take, on average, 30% longer than estimated and cost three-to-four times the budget.
Though discouraging, these statistics don’t reflect what many of Acumatica’s over 6,500 cloud ERP customers have experienced. Take Fabuwood Cabinetry, Acumatica’s 2018 Customer of the Year. With the help of Acumatica VAR NexVue, the kitchen cabinet manufacturer implemented Acumatica’s manufacturing software in five months—and their cloud ERP implementation included nine integrations.
Sendy Stern, Fabuwood’s Senior Vice President of Technology says, “Most people told us it would take about nine months to go live from when you start the process. It was amazing. Within five months, we were live. [Acumatica] has a great platform and a great system that helped us go so fast.”
How are companies like Fabuwood Cabinetry able to implement Acumatica’s cloud ERP software so quickly? Acumatica and Acumatica’s partners have perfected an eight-step plan for cloud ERP implementation success.
- Choose your deployment option: Acumatica customers can deploy either in the cloud (Software-as-a-Service, or SaaS) on premises.
- Assemble your team: Your internal team will consist of both full-time and part-time members during the installation process.
- Define your requirements: The requirements are generally classified as Essential, Desirable, Not an immediate need, and Nice to have.
- Develop a project plan: The project plan will keep the project on time and on budget while ensuring the requirements are met.
- Develop a data migration plan: Data migration falls within the project plan, but its critically important that you define and order the tasks involved in preparing and migrating data from your old system(s) to Acumatica.
- Develop a test plan: This plan ensures that the new system meets the requirements.
- Develop a training plan: Training your staff fully ensures adoption and user satisfaction.
- Plan for go-live: Decide which go-live approach you want (Big Bang, Phased Approach, or Parallel Operation or a combination of two or three) and start reaping the benefits of Acumatica cloud ERP.
Though go-live feels like the finish line, there are a few other considerations you and your Acumatica partner will need to discuss. The considerations include third-party and custom applications, continued refinement of your business processes, and planning for your ongoing support needs.
Cloud ERP implementation success begins with choosing Acumatica
Acumatica cloud ERP is a comprehensive business management solution built on a future-proof platform. It provides anytime, anywhere access to your data as well as the core financials, reporting tools, customizable dashboards, drag-and-drop automation (and more) that will help you meet the financial and operational needs of your business.
We want you to begin experiencing the benefits of Acumatica as quickly as possible. Our eight-step process is designed to make your cloud ERP implementation a success, just as it did for Power Storage Solutions, a company that offers, installs, and services DC-power backup systems.
“In 60 days, we went from nothing in Acumatica to launching a $24 million company with 20,000 parts, 5,000 customers and having sales orders, projects, inventory, payables, receivables, and going live Dec. 1,” says Derrick Elledge, one of the company’s owners. “It’s astronomical when you look at what we did and how Acumatica’s cloud ERP system supports us.”
If you’re ready to implement a modern, scalable, and innovative cloud-based ERP solution, look no further than Acumatica. Our eight steps to implementation success, with help from your Acumatica partner and their business expertise, will work for your business just as it has for thousands of other Acumatica customers.
Contact our team today with any questions and/or to request a demonstration and stay tuned for more informative posts on Acumatica implementations.