Manufacturers are continually challenged to:
- Bring complex and customized products to market
- Adopt new manufacturing methods and technologies
- Balance supply with increasingly volatile demand
- Manage resources and inventories to control costs
- Master production planning and control
Agile manufacturers that can adapt to constantly changing conditions have the competitive advantage. Among the changes currently facing producers are the emergence of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and Big Data analytics; the proliferation of mobile devices and new “apps” that put more power into the hands of employees anytime, anywhere; collaboration internally and with the supply chain; ERP in the cloud; and more emphasis on end-to-end supply chain processes and systems.
How will manufacturers conquer the demands for flexibility and collaboration without overlooking the operational excellence needed at the core of their businesses?